Living your life by design follows the emphasis that many of us place on “living intentionally”, being in the moment, and taking the time and space to simply enjoy life. But what does it mean to experience life in a way that makes it feel like you’re truly living? Here are some tips to help out!
- Create a realistic schedule for yourself. Planning out time and tasks are great ways to live in the moment without stressing about the future, and can alleviate family and relationship tension if everyone knows time expectations.
- Take time for yourself. Mini spa days, date nights, even something as simple as going for a drive and getting a coffee. Taking time to recharge will help you destress and head into the rest of your day with a positive mindset.
- Work on your passions. Fitting passion projects into your work, whether home or professional, is a simple way to stay engaged, focused, and in the moment. Making your work fun will make it fly by.
- Engage your family and friends in your task. Cooking and cleaning becomes a party when you have people to do it with! Spending time with loved ones will ground and energize you, making it easier to live in the moment.
- Get your sleep. Being well rested will contribute to healthy patterns throughout your life and increase energy and productivity.
- Take time to reflect. Reflecting on positive things will increase gratitude and overall happiness in life, and reflecting on negative things will show room for positive growth.
- Take the pressure off. Living your life by design can look different for everyone! Align your priorities with what you want to see, and it will become easier to visualize the reality you want.